• Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
• Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
• Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
• Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
• Children: To ensure appropriate attention and privacy is given to all patients, children under the age of 12 are not permitted in patient care areas. This includes family members and siblings. Please make childcare arrangements accordingly.
• Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, and interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 850-863-7887 as soon as possible.
When you arrive at our center we ask that you check-in at the registration desk to verify personal, escort and insurance information.
After checking in at our center, a nurse will call you to the pre-operative area where you will sign consents and get prepared for surgery. You will stay in the pre-operative area until it is time for your surgery. An anesthesiologist will discuss your anesthesia with you and answer any questions. At the appropriate time you will be escorted to the operating room. During surgery your escort will stay in a waiting area and will rejoin you in the recovery area after your surgery.